Rabbit meat has long been in high demand in Europe for its flavour and versatility. From rich casseroles to the latest nouvelle cuisine, the flavour and texture of tender lean rabbit offers the contemporary chef vast opportunity.
And the fare is wonderfully healthy, with the least cholesterol of any meat - an enormous plus in an increasingly health conscious society.
Many chefs long to include a rabbit choice on their menus but have been unable to identify a reliable source offering consistent size and quality.
With Australia's first premier-quality, high-volume branded rabbit product, Border Range is meeting the market - perfectly.
- Rabbit meat is a white, fine-grained meat, from rabbits farmed off the ground, in a controlled, healthy environment
- Rabbit meat is an extremely lean meat, low in cholesterol, fat, saturated fatty acids and sodium
- The cholesterol and fat levels in rabbit meat are much lower than in chicken, turkey, beef, and pork
- Of all domestic meats, rabbit has the highest protein content
- Rabbit meat is a good source of iron and zinc, and an excellent source of selenium and vitamin b12