Cooking time 1
4 pairs of Border Range rabbit fillets
2 tsp ground cracked pepper
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp fresh finely grated ginger
2 large Pink Lady or similar apples, cored, thinly slice (with skin)
˝ cup orange juice
˝cup dry white wine
1 tblsp brown sugar
1 tblsp hoisin sauce
1 tblsp lemon juice
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Combine coriander, ginger and pepper with small amount of orange juice to make a paste. Rub the spice mixture all over the fillets.
- Use baking paper to line a baking dish/roasting pan, add the rabbit and roast for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile spray a non-stick frying tan with oil and over medium heat add the apples sprinkle with the brown sugar and half the orange juice, turn the apples until they just begin to brown.
- Add the remaining orange juice, wine, hoi sin sauce to the apples and toss to coat.
- Reduce oven heat to 100C; add the apple mixture to the rabbit, cover with foil and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes until rabbit is tender.
- Cut the rabbit into thin slices and arrange on of the apples. Drizzle with the pan juices and fresh coriander leaves.
- Suggest serve with steamed rice.