1 Border Range rabbit (cut into joints) OR two pairs of hindquarters
4 rashers bacon (rind removed) or 100 g ham chopped into small pieces)
2 sticks celery, (finely chopped)
1 large onion, (finely chopped)
2 large carrots, (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper
2 cups milk
1 tblsp corn flour, (blended to a paste with some extra milk)
¼ cup parsley (finely chopped)
Suggest serve with mashed potato, pumpkin and green vegetables.
- Place rabbit in a deep heavy saucepan.
- Add bacon and the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper then add milk and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 2 hours until tender, (turning pieces once or twice).
- Remove rabbit.
- Stir 2 to 3 tblsp of cooled juice into your corn flour paste and then mix back into your pot and simmer until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in parsley. Spoon the mixture over the rabbit.