2 whole Border Range Rabbits OR 3 pair of hindquarters
1 tblsp. olive oil
2 cups of chicken broth or stock
½ onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and coined
3 bay leaves
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 tblsp can tomato paste
¼ cup very cold water
2 tblsp. flour
4 tblsp. currant jelly
½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- Flour meat and brown in skillet with oil.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in onion, carrots, bay leaves and garlic and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and continue to simmer.
- Remove ¼ cup broth from pan and combine with water and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Return rabbit to pan. When rabbit is cooked through and tender, remove from mixture.
- Strain the mixture to catch bones.
- Sauté mushroom and add to broth or serve on the side.