Serves 6 - 8
Cooking time 1 hour
2 whole Border Range rabbits, cut into serving pieces OR four pair hindquarters
Salt and pepper
2 tblsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tbs. fresh parsley, minced
¼ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. oregano, rubbed
4 bay leaves
2 cups dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Salt and pepper rabbit and coat with flour.
- Place oil, onions, garlic, carrots and mushrooms in large casserole dish.
- Place rabbit on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley, thyme and oregano. Add bay leaves and wine.
- Cover and bake 1 hour or until rabbit is tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.